Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Kappabashi Dori



The special cuisine of Japan is a taste that I want to have some at home too…
So I need to learn how  to cook Japanese dishes..
I need Japanese ingredients.
And I need utensils…
In Asakusa, walking distance from the famous Sensoji Temple there is a long street just for utensils and more than you can imagine….
Kappabashi Dori also appears in the tourist guide lists but I didn’t imagine how fun and special that street might be.
There are bowls…. And chopsticks …  teapots….
Matcha making sets…knives ….
Baking, cooking…
 
Even shops that supply restaurants…  It is my go to kitchen supplies place. I bought things for myself and also for my friends and family as gifts. It is considerable budget friendly compared to tourist targeted shops.

I had the most fun walking from shop to shop….
The most fun shops are making plastic sample foods to be displayed in front of the restaurants according to their menu.
 
There are plastic sushi plastic pizza all kinds…  And there are workshops for you to make your own plastic sample….
Unexpected and unlimited fun while buying kitchen utensils in Kappabashi Dori…

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment