Monday, December 12, 2016

Sweet Note



I can’t believe it is already the end of 2016.
Time flies….
I want to finish this year with a great sweet note.
Drum roll pleeeeease…..

Magnolia Bakery, famous bakery in Upper East Side New York.

Lucky us there is a Magnolia store in Tokyo.
How fortunate we are… Considering 10 shops in US and in total 16 shops all over the world.
Magnolia Bakery is located in Harajuku, but this is not a street faced shop, though I think Magnolia Bakery deserves a street faced shop. The shop is at the same building (Gyre Building) with Chanel store so to find Magnolia Bakery first of all you should find Chanel. B1 of Gyre building, is Magnolia Bakery. It was a challenge for me… but, viola, worth it.

And, to be honest, I was expecting a shop with big light green/blue sign and delicious cakes seen through the shop window, when I entered into the store I forgot all about B1.

My dream shop with big sigh and delicious cakes in the window. And better I was able to watch icing being put on cakes … So it was beyond my expectations.
 I smiled and felt that this is a special treat for me.

Then I almost tortured myself between banana pudding and chocolate banana pudding. What I dilemma…

I get the chocolate one since there is no way that chocolate makes a perfect banana pudding bad.
And I was right, chocolate is always the answer. I guess there is also a quote about “when you don’t know what to wear, wear something red.” In this case, when in doubt go for chocolate.


There are not many seats in the shop but I took a seat and watched the cupcakes while enjoying my chocolate banana pudding.

In every celebration and in every opportunity I plan to eat something from Magnolia Bakery. I can even write it on my bucket list: eat every single item form Magnolia Bakery. Perfect bucket list item for my sweet tooth.

I suggest you to check out Magnolia Bakery even if you don’t know anything about the original one in New York. Trust me, delicious.

And I have congratulated myself that I have planned to go to Magnolia Bakery next year many times.


This is the last perfect sweet note of the 2016, gives me sweet hope for 2017…

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment