Monday, December 26, 2016

Highlights of 2016




It is such a cliché post for the end of 2016 but as you know cliché are cliché for a reason. J This post is a good summary. This year many good and bad things happened in the world and possibly in all of our lives. I believe that everyone has a story to tell.

The 2016 Olympics and Paralympics were held in Rio, and in the end the Olympic flame was transferred to Tokyo.
Now, we are all waiting for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

American Elections became another milestone for this year, I hope that everything will be fine for 2017 and more years to come.

Also long waited movies, tv series   and many other shows have made me entertained in 2016. I even can admit that I have counted days left to some movies’ and shows’ releases.

We have also lost many important people and celebrities like Prince, Muhammed Ali, Gene Wilder, David Bowie, John Glenn, Fidel Castro and George Michael…   Those were the people who had their prints on the world we like it or not, and each loss is an end of an era…  

And we watched many awards and prizes. And the Nobel Prize of medicine awarded to Yoshimori Ohsumu for his research on cell death. It is such an honor, and I cannot not leave this unmentioned as a person living in Tokyo. As you can see, I became such a Tokyo-person following how the news around the world would affect Tokyo.
 And I don’t even need to mention that there are a lot of Pokémons around Tokyo 😊😊

My personal highlights’ of the year is that I have grown. Until this year, I have never felt like an adult or grown up that has given me power, freedom and responsibility. 


I got separated from my husband, moved to a new place, and got divorced.

I haven’t achieved all my goals of 2016 list, but I congratulate myself that I did well with all of the curveballs that life threw out.

 As for 2017, my goal is to be happier, healthier and more creative.
Happy New Year,

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment