Monday, August 24, 2015

Moomin Café




Have you ever heard about The Moomins, a Swedish book and cartoon characters?
I haven’t heard about them, but when I see the café and immediately I wanted to go that world. Moomin Café is in Tokyo Sky Tree.

 What makes me enthusiastic is the opportunity to have meal with a big toy sitting with you. I feel like a big kid.
All the food is themed with The Moomins. There is the shop at the entrance part of the restaurant which you can buy some themed items.





This was my first experience with a theme café. I didn’t know the characters but I really enjoyed the specially created environment. It is like living in a dream world.
The staff is changing big toys on a rotation basis, during one meal I had opportunity to sit with many characters.
I don’t know whether people go to the shop because they are The Moomin fans or they just love a theme café like me. I saw many happy adults and kids…  I was also happy.
I had a desert plate with chocolate cheery mousse and a pound cake with cream. The cup that has mouse in it, is a souvenir cup. Once you order this dessert, you receive a cup in a box. Which is a wonderful idea. I didn’t feel like I buy a themed souvenir item, I have a dessert and a souvenir cup.

 This experience made me more curious about themed cafes and restaurants. It is a big world that you can dream endlessly.

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment