Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Disney Tokyo At Home



The specialty of Disney Sea Tokyo is popcorn. It is such a famous thing that people buy themed Disney buckets of popcorn. The buckets are reusable and with sweet design.
Different corners of parks different types of popcorn…
Caramel popcorn, chocolate popcorn, salt and pepper popcorn, curry popcorn, souvenirs with popcorn…






 It is the perfect snack in Disney.  And it is unique to Disney Tokyo, that you cannot buy elsewhere and there are seasonal special tastes that you would be curious about…
I was shocked to see so many people with buckets in line, but after 2 hours in the park I bought one for myself, ate popcorn, got refills of popcorn and I brought my bucket to my second trip to Disney Sea and enjoyed every second of it.
I bought salt and pepper popcorn. I ate it while wandering around. After finished I bought some caramel popcorn. I got on rides, walked, waited in lines and ate popcorn. In the afternoon, I bought my third refill of popcorn in my bucket, curry popcorn.
While eating popcorn, I stopped for lunch and I didn’t go crazy, I eat regular amount that I would eat any other day, I also stopped for coffee and some snacks. In the evening, I had a small dinner and cake as a treat.
I am always afraid that when I am super happy and enjoying my time I would eat a lot. Popcorn kept me full and happy. And it is considerably healthy…

So now I want to recreate those popcorns at home. Especially salt and pepper and also curry popcorn…I am a savory snack lover. So these are my goal popcorns to recreate.
I take my deep soup casserole, add oil, salt and ground black pepper, and some kernels.
Mixed all and prayed for the good taste and started to listen the popping.
 One eye ball the amount of black pepper and the result is good really delicious.

I went crazy and added more black pepper to induce the flavor. I failed, unfortunately excessive amount of pepper didn’t stick to the popcorn.
I recreated salt and pepper popcorn. I am happy and adventuress, I used the same strategy in curry popcorn,
I took my deep soup casserole, added oil, and curry powder, and some kernels.

Mixed all and prayed again for the good taste and started to listen the popping. It was also delicious.
I recreated Disney at home, but Disney’s popcorn will always be better than that of mine. 

Cheers, pop,
 Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment