Thursday, September 17, 2015

Living abroad in peoples mind



Living abroad in peoples mind
I live abroad. I work abroad. I am living many other aspects of my life in Tokyo. I have struggles. I struggle for my work, my passions, my hobbies… I need social interactions with friends and family…
I come across to the idea of the being abroad. I can see how it clouds everything I have, live and going through.
Once I moved to Tokyo, for some I have become a hallucination, or a hologram of a person who used to have a normal life, but who now have everything. 

Everyone thinks that
I am super happy since I live abroad.
I am super healthy since I live abroad
I am extremely successful since I live abroad.
I am super comfortable since I live abroad.
I am super rich since I live abroad
I have a perfect, most fantastic social life since I live abroad.

And sadly, people think that I possess all of the superlatives and lifestyles, just by living abroad.
I don’t have a perfect life with all those superlatives. To be honest, I don’t even have one of them above.
This is the popular fallacy of many people in my world.
I have a life
I only live my life
And it is a simple life.  I go home do the dishes, and laundry…

Cheers, simply
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment