Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Japanese Cheesecake



Crusty bottom and cheesy creamy sweet dream dessert. This is my understanding of a cheesecake. There must be a crusty bottom and cheese filling…
As usual, Japan has other plans for me to widen my world of cheesecakes. Japan is full of surprises for me.
There are some cheesecakes, with little crusty bottom, but with big creamy cheese filling lighter that what I expect…
There are some mushi cheese cakes, which is an actual moist cake with the taste of creamy cheese filling. It is like a cake version of the filling…. Yummy…And, healthy-ish, mushi means steamed.


There are some cheese soufflé cakes with caramel on top. Wow wow what a dessert, right? There is thin cake layer at the bottom not a crust layer, and on top there is cheese filling cooked as soufflé I guess, and some caramel on top….
What a new world to taste. It looks like a cheesecake but there is somethings different and delicious on the inside… From bottom to top, it is not a cheese cake…though, It makes me happy like eating a regular cheese cake does.

Messing with my head. I really like cheesecake, my understating of a regular cheese cake with crusty bottom and cheese filling, a real classic which is always a la mode…

I also like other version also. What am I going to do…?
I am going to eat more and more until I decide which one my favorite is.

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment