Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Safety first



You may have heard about the tales of Japan’s safety…
If you lost your cell phone or wallet or else, in general, the person who finds someone else’s belongings give them to a police station to be returned to the owner.
So people don’t lock their doors, because no one is trying to break into…
I don’t have any personal experiment about those tales, but I have observed other things that describe safety.
What about your belongings?
 I have an intimate relationship with my bag. I don’t leave my bag in which my wallet and keys are kept, unattended.  I am also careful about my other valuables like notebook, or iPad …
I was really shocked when I had noticed some unattended personal valuables on café tables… Now, I am used to the idea, simply the owner must have gone somewhere for a short period of time. There is no one trying steal those stuff…
I am used to the idea, but I don’t practice. I never leave my stuff unattended because it is against my character. What happens if you leave your stuff at unsafe places? Is there a sign that I miss about safe and unsafe?  Or, what happens if I get so careless and leave my belongings unattended in other countries?
I know that safety has paramount importance, although safety is not absolute, it is relative but there are many unsafe counties all over the world. I am not a person at ease because that I feel safe in Japan, and in Japan only.

Look at this picture.

How do you feel? Is it safe? Isn’t this one of the scenes of thriller movies that you just question what you are doing in the middle of nowhere?

This is a metro station exit in Tokyo, at night. One more reason to be afraid, it is dark…
I walked this exit at night, I knew that there is no one but me, I knew that if something happens to me the cameras will record it and so on, but I also knew that there was a low possibility that I got attacked here.
That exit looks really scary based on my horror movie point of view, and also on general knowledge of having unlucky possibilities…
Always put your safety first, but if you are like me liable to anxiety, you may learn that Japan is safer even for anxious people like me and you… After I noticed that, I feel safe in Tokyo, and I will always put my safety first…

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment