Thursday, July 23, 2015

1000 challenge-2



I started the day by reading my previous post,1000 yen challenge.
Keeping in mind my all the previous mistakes, I started my task with buying my breakfast. Two peanut breads and a cold coffee, total 436 kcal and costs 216 yen. Good deal for a breakfast, right? Then I got relaxed and bought some salad and sauce and a fruit jelly. I left the shop spending 463 yen.
I chose busy days to do the challenge, like any other tourist would be really busy while trying to visit many of the beautiful places in Tokyo or generally in Japan. After breakfast, I was busy and happy and awake.
I was a little scared of doing the same mistakes, because of that I had planned some healthy stuff like salad and fruit snacks. I decided to eat some instant noodles. I had, one of my favorite, soba noodles, made from buckwheat. It costs 184 yen, but I ate tasty 487 kcals.
It was all about balance, I had the balance this time. I was full after lunch. And, I felt really good, because I still had 353 yen left for dinner and two healthy snacks that I am going to enjoy in coming hours.
4.00 pm was my snack time. I thought I would just eat the salad and continue working. Between 3 to 5 pm is always dangerous for me, I was looking for donuts last time, remember? :) I am like that most of the time. After eating salad, I smoothly ate the fruit jelly. It was 2 snacks at one time. I am not good at snack planning. But I was full and happy, so continued my afternoon without dreaming about unhealthy food, or planning about dinner.

At 7 pm, I started to think about dinner options. I could easily choose unhealthy stuff, but I decided to go to Tokyu Store.
One thing that I have learned that even if you don’t live in the vicinity and not planning to buy big grocery to cook, from time to time checking the supermarkets products brings good deals about food and snacks. And, a surprise reason to go to supermarkets, I often buy some interesting Japanese presents form my friends from supermarkets. I respected that rule and went to Tokyu Store.
At the supermarket, I found myself in front of bento section, looking at calories and price. I decided in favor of this bento. A typical Japanese bento with rice and some fish and pickles. It costs 307 yen. I nourished myself with 566 kcals. My final meal was dinner.

During the day, I got 1661 kcal, 39,9gr protein. And I spent 954yen. I was so happy that I had conquered the challenge, then it came to my mind that I could have bought some small candy or chocolate with the left over 46 yen. I was already at home, and full and a little lazy. So I preferred not to go out.
I believe that I can perform much better. I should master about the 1000yen challenge. I am thrilled that I didn’t fail this time. I am excited for the next time.

Cheers,
 Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment