Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mama day special





Happy Mother’s day to my mother and all the mothers in the world.

My mother’s favorite

This is the flower that my mother adores, it has a sugary, freshy smell,  it grows on bushes I see  everyday on my way home in Tokyo, I really like the fact that this flower’s being so close to me, reminds me   my mother…

I am going to celebrate my mother’s Mother’s Day on video call,  so I couldn't buy her a gift. To be honest, I am constantly buying gifts for her and my family.  I just run into some items that I would like to buy them, and buy them, and I give them a couple of gifts when I go back to my home country, and as an advantage of my weird shopping pattern is that I don't get the last minute  stress about what to buy and give my folks. When I go to visit I just pack my things and enjoy the journey.

 So, today is Mother’s Day. In Japan, this is one of the celebrations that resembles to the world. 
What to buy on Mother’s Day?

 Flowers,
Dessert,
Beauty products,
Jewelry ,
Books, and so on… These are my gift options. Limited but enough for me …

This week,  the most of the shops in Tokyo go in to Mother’s Day mode, they have special signs. Stores they have  mothers day special items. Since many stores have Mother’s Day Specials so on, I have turned my radar on just in case I run into something I like.

 Mother’s Day special frozen pizza, French cheese, cakes, bakery….

And my favorite and most surprised item “fruit.”
check out a flyer

 Yes, In japan fruit can be a gift. More than a gift, generally considered as one of the elegant gifts. A watermelon wrapped to perfection, whole pineapple, a case of peaches, apples, oranges, mangoes, perfectly shaped and perfectly tasty fruits….

I have never considered fruit as a gift item before I have arrived to Japan. I know that the benefits of the fruit are very important in a healthy diet, fruit as a gift; a shock to me.

One of the things that I have learned in Japan is an other aspect of respect. They respect and love many things that I may have taken for granted.

Fruits...    Many marvels nature offers to us as gifts... :)


Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment