Friday, May 8, 2015

Tokyo, I am on my way



Fact: I live in Tokyo
Fact: I like living in Tokyo
Fact: I am going to talk a lot about Tokyo on this blog

With the facts listed, I am going to start from the beginning, the very beginning. With my first flight to Tokyo and my first month in Tokyo.
Well this is going to be an interesting story to write because it was almost 3 years ago. Did I mentioned that I was saving stories to tell… This is one of them, me 3 years ago meeting a wonderful, big, challenging city, Tokyo.
After a couple of months after my husband’s departure to Tokyo, it was my time to go and spent 1 month in Tokyo.  Around 5 weeks to be exact…
I had goals in my head:
o   Apartment to furnish
o   Places to visit
o   Language to learn (it is impossible to learn in 1 month but I am probably a dreamer :))
o   Have a lovely time with my husband
o   Also study in an university as an exchange student.
Goals are easy, action is easy but emotions… I couldn’t foresee them.
My flight to Tokyo was about 12 hours or so. It gave me an intense extended emotions of being in the middle, a little lost.
I was not in my old place safe and happy, and surely I have not yet been to my goal place for my new and bright life. In that plane, I was just in between of those two.  
Before the landing, the crew provide the passengers with disembarkation cards, and customs cards for visa things and so on…
That was my A-ha moment.
I wrote my new home addresses, contact person my husband with a new telephone number.
Everything was new and just starting.
I landed to Narita Airport. It is one of the Tokyo’s airports. There are two airports.
Narita airport is big and international and a little outside of Tokyo.
Haneda Airport is big and developing  with more international flights and closer to the center  of Tokyo.
Check it here if you like.
Google map view: https://www.google.co.jp/maps/search/airport/@35.6150316,140.0925062,10z
I had a long, emotional flight but, when I landed Narita was perfect.
Helpful stuff with great English skills, Japanese hospitality… I didn’t felt lost, I felt welcomed.
Then I met my husband who was waiting for me. I was in shock that I had arrived.
I felt like I came to Tokyo on an emotional roller coaster. I think other passengers came by plane :)
There are many route options to go to the city center from Narita airport. By bus, by fast express train, by local train….  We took the train. It was more than 1 hour travel but it was worth it.





The road from Narita airport to city center was all I needed. It starts with some houses, greenery, and some rice fields. The road showed me the beauty of the land and how people placed themselves. Nature respectfully… The nature is welcoming you and will bring you to a big city.

It was just a calm and happy route. Little by little the more you get closer to the city center to busier the scenery gets, it is just a good transition. I really like that train route. It is a route for my many journeys.
After my emotional plane travel, Tokyo won me on the way to city center…
Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment