Thursday, May 7, 2015

Meet my oven



    When I moved to Tokyo we went shopping for our apartment with my husband. We bought the essentials. It is really an intense experience to create a place for living from scratch.
I bought a simple microwave and oven oven? Oven device? Let me try to re-write.
I bought an oven with microwave and oven capacity in the same machine.
Aaany way, I have bought this one.
My lovely oven…

It is a simple, small (round plate) and convenient thing. I believe that it is not designed for big cooking, baking parties.







 Anyone with real interest in baking, cooking, would buy a big good oven and a good microwave. Meaning two separate devices… In my case I am living in Tokyo on a student budget and small apartment, I had to choose this one. After I get used to my oven, I realized how I use it. I feel bad for my oven. I am over using my oven. It could have been sold to a person with single use of microwave or toaster. It could have been given as a gift. It could have been sold to a regular, not oven obsessed student, and have a simple life, but it became my hard-working oven.
My oven however has complex life, in the morning it is used for its toaster and microwave, at the evening for oven and microwave and toaster. These are mostly weekdays. On weekends and holidays, I add more oven use and so... Sometimes it doesn’t have time to cool itself down. I know that it is bad for the machine but I don’t have much time and much patience. Eventually it start to grumble to me with loud angry cooling down sounds or just won’t work until it is cooled. There are some days that I go crazy with the batter and making 3 baches of cakes or breads, or cookies, or making chicken in the oven and baking a cake just afterwards.
My hard-working small oven with burned marks on. Honest blog :)

You can find my oven baking  a cake at 9 pm due to my desire for a cake while other’s ovens sleep. You will hear more about my oven and our adventures.
May the force be with my oven… :)
Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment