Monday, May 18, 2015

The more the merrier



Modern life makes us busy. Adult life makes me busy.  So, you may speculate that Tokyo as a big metropolis, actually a megapolis, is not making my daily life easy. On the contrary, Tokyo or in general Japan is designed for the busy people. 
There are the vending machines… Every corner, everywhere… Offering many different things…
 Are you rushing from one meeting to another?  Don’t worry about low blood sugar or dehydration…There will always be a vending machine. :)





Are you going to travel on 3 different train to go back home? Don’t worry about getting cranky on the way. There will always be a vending machine. :)
I would like to drink my special brands of coffee every day. I don’t worry, there will always be a vending machine that has my favorites.  :)
You get hot in summer, but don’t want to drink hot coffee on the go? Don’t worry there will always be cold coffee in vending machines. :)

Are you cold in winter, want to have some hot coffee on the go? Yes, there will always be hot coffee in vending machines. :)
Want some ice cream? Want some alcoholic drinks? Want some tobacco? Have you lost your lighter? Yes, there will always be vending machines
All of these items can be bought in vending machines. These are ordinary vending machines.  There are cake, noodle and snack vending machines, I think they are a little special. There are also some rare, famous vending machines for banana or underwear or else. I haven’t seen any of them, so I can’t comment on them.
Tobacco? Alcoholic drinks?         
These are my surprise items in the vending machine. Due to the regulations, I thought it is difficult to put those in the vending machines. There are solutions for every problem. Older than 21 years old in Japan, can apply for cards on their name to use vending machines for tobacco and alcoholic drinks. There goes the regulation. Those are responsible vending machines. So again, no need to worry. :)
I may think like a child. I always find some things incredible, like magic…. And, I see magic in the vending machines…

I moved to Tokyo during summer, vending machines were full of cold drinks… A dream come true…. Then, time pass and autumn arrived, the cold drinks lost the charm they had before. One day in autumn, it all changed… Vending machines, products converted to hot drinks and cold drinks…  That is the magic of vending machines… In spring, those hot drinks become cold drinks. Two times a year, vending machines perform this magic.

 There are many vending machines in Tokyo, many items, some are responsible ones, and some are magical ones... In the end, the more the merrier…
Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment