Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Confession time



I have something to confess. A bad habit that I have got for years is getting worse.
 I am a junk food junky as Lary Groce said it in 1976 in his song, Junk food junkie.
Everybody likes junk food. I am talking about my bad habits, such as eating chips for breakfast.  I can eat junk food every hour of every day, without getting bored.
 
I learned to restrain myself when I am round 15 years old, it was with moderation. I didn’t want to give up on my bad habit. I just try to eat less, smaller portions, or just enough not to mess with my health or just enough to satisfy my appetite for junk food.
Later on, I had some period of time that I just didn’t consume junk food responsibly. I just wanted to eat and I ate until I feel unhealthy. The time to go back to healthy track of nutrition’s, has arrived eventually. :)
After I have moved to Tokyo, I was mesmerized how healthy every processed food are. Japanese people are slim, healthy, have long life span, and they are buying at the same markets that I frequent. It was an opportunity for me to be healthier and learn about Japanese nutrition habits.
I generalized my assumption as Japanese people are healthy, so every item in the shops are healthy… which leads me to the conclusion that junk food in Japan is healthy. It is also cheap and ready to eat, and there are many different kinds to select.
. Considering this I started to eat junk food more than ever. All has new tastes…I know that was such an absurd mental process of mine, I know. But I fooled myself.
I fooled myself in the aisles of the stores
The worse period has been for the last couples of weeks. I didn’t want to cook, or eat real food. I just wanted junk junk junk ….
I have wandered around shops, tasted many different kind of chips.
Now, I am going to guide you through my favorites before I am going to go back to my moderately consuming junk food based healthy life.
Curry chips, Cheese chips. Edamame chips, Onion chips, Avocado and cheese chips,
Pringles and its Japanese versions….Aerial chips…All the nuts, and all the chocolate things…

I wouldn’t worry about Japanese junk food, if I were just a traveler. I would eat as much as I wanted during the travel, and after that I would go back and remember as my happy and delicious travel. Because that I am living in Tokyo and planning to live for a long time, so I am not a traveler, and I am not on vacation to waste time with junk food, but I will always talk good about Japanese junk food. If you ever come to Japan, just give it a try…

Cheers, towards a healthy life
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment