Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Bell



The bell is ringing, it is taco time in Tokyo
Japan’s first Taco Bell is opened in Shibuya in the end of April 2015. People waited for hours to be the first customers. Officially it is a return, first Taco Bell opened in 1980s but closed a few years later. New generations had to wait for this experience until 2015.

Japanese people already had a food called taco rice, which you can eat it in many restaurants and in Okinawa, basically rice is topped with all taco ingredients. Taco shell has been replaced with rice in Japan.
Now with Taco bell, there are soft shells, hard shells, burritos, quesadillas, all the classics…
And nachos, and French fries…
Desert tacos...
There are also 2 Japanese specials Taco rice and Avocado shrimp burrito.
The shop is located on one of the small streets in Shibuya, but it is really spacious inside, there are seats available for 100 people, on 2 floors.
 
I have already eaten taco rice and many things with avocado shrimp. So I tried crunch wrap supreme with nachos as a side. I also have people with me who tried tacos and burritos.
I waited in line for 30 minutes, and it looked like a normal day. Order is simple even for a foreigner because all the words are English. Once you order, you are given a number device, which rings when your order is ready. It was not working perfectly, and not as fast as I hoped.
Finding a seat was another challenge. I found a nice corner seat. Lucky me.
It was delicious, cheap and quick-ish.
I also wanted to have this experience. There is fuss over it, I tried the first Taco bell in Japan.

If you ask me have you ever been to Taco Bell in Tokyo.
I can easily say, yes I have been to Taco Bell in Tokyo.

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment