Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Emojis of Japan


I really like the new emojis. I am using only few but it is fun for me to consider the items that I can use.
And I have gathered the emojis that remind me of Japan.
Tokyo tower, map of Japan ,Mt.Fuji, temple or old house, bike, Japanese flag, donut, creme caramel or flan, onigiri, onigiri, rice ball, noodle, rice ball sweets, iced sweet, ice sweet, processed thing in ramens , sushi, tempura, curry, anime version meat and anime, green tea, baseball, kimono, umbrella ,The great wave of kanagawa, dog with fancy coiffure, sakura-cherry blossom, yen, new year bamboo, traditional couple, school bag, kids day special decorations, flags, celebrations,…

There are some items or products or objects which don’t probably just belong to Japan but some are associated with Japan better and suited more to my life in Japan.

Bike is not specific, but I have a special feeling that I have connected Japan with bike. You can see families of 5 with bikes, a mother 2 kids on a bike, a man and 2 dogs on a bike… It is more than a bike ride, it is as strong as a car to gather family and shopping bags and so on…

Baseball is American of course but Japanese people love baseball. There are many kids playing baseball at school teams, you can see them with baseball clothes on trains. If you come from a soccer based western country, you can easily connect baseball with the Japanese experience.

Umbrella is not specific also, but I wasn’t used to use an umbrella as frequently as I use in Japan. I also realized that I didn’t know how to use an umbrella. I am not talking about how to open or so. I am asking how not to get wet while raining. I have failed many times. You can see my disappointment at the stations just by comparing my wet clothes with everyone else’s dry clothes. In my opinion Japanese people are umbrella masters no matter how strong the rain is. That is why umbrella is a Japanese thing for me.

Dog with fancy coiffure is really cute. Japanese people mostly have small curly furry dogs. And those dogs are really cute with special coiffure. I would always agree that this is not Japan specific, but the way I see, the frequency… It makes me link japan to dog with fancy coiffure.

School bag is a surprising item. I am all for the diversity and freedom of children, they should be free to realize their imaginations. And at school, I think accessories are a way of expression when you wear uniform. If you like Spiderman you can have a bag with Spiderman pictures, or many other things. This bag though specifically is common in elementary school students, there are some other versions with pictures and so on, but it is still the same bag. You can see many of the same bag during weekdays, when weekends come, the kids are diverse and free with imagination.

There are many other items which can be associated with some places, right?

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment