Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sleeping beauty



Tokyo is a sleepless city that is busy every hour of every day. I am always curious about how people can be full of energy during busy city life. However, Tokyo’s trains are another story. There is a sleeping spell on the trains. People are sleeping during train journeys, not just commuting, But also during holidays and weekends.
Busy people, sleeping on trains…
 
When I first saw people sleeping on the trains, I felt bad for them considering how tired they all must be to sleep on the trains. Then I noticed people frequently sleep on their way to their destinations. Sleeping on a train was impossible for me. I am not one of those non sleeper travelers. I am more like an anxious traveler, it was impossible for me sleep on a train in a foreign country with the risk of being lost. I admired those who can sleep….
One another point of sleep is that you have to be safe to sleep. You have to trust the people around you on train for not stealing, or any other criminal activities…. In Japan you can trust and sleep peacefully.

I used to consider travel time is boring and wasteful during daily activities. My apologies. I didn’t know how I could use that time.
Sleeping.
Reading.
Make up. I don’t but others do
All the things you can do with a cell phone…
Games,
Writing,
Planning…
Watching somethings…

I do all of these things. I dozed off a couple of time, without being lost and missing my destination.
I try to be a nice person on the trains and everywhere of course. :)  When the sleeper leans towards me, I gently to push them away from me, or create some resistance to hold the sleeper… Bags work well in these situations…
I feel like there is the beauty of sleeping on trains.

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment