Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Green coke



I really really like coke. Sometimes I even consider whether I am addicted to coke or not. The sugary, bubbly drink…
The red and blue and grey and black labels are what we are used to have. So it took me a while to notice the green label.  Apparently it was launched in March 2015 in Japan. I was a little behind. :)
The idea of the green comes from healthy, as of green juices and smoothies. And the name is Coca Cola Life. They cherish life. They don’t want anyone to be unhealthy.
The change is the ingredient that is used as sugar, a healthy sugar is used. It is stevia. In Japan, stevia is known as a healthy sugar beforehand, so I don’t know the coke costumers of Japan will switch to the green label or not.
The shock to the change was the same when the black label came, as the zero… I remember it, I felt the same doubt, confusion denial and of course curiosity.
Now I feel the same.
The doubt: Do I need another type?
The confusion: What could be the difference?
The denial: I like the old ones.
The curiosity: I will try anyway, like it is not a big deal.
And the final step was there. I am standing in front of all the bottles. I have the temptation to go and buy the ones that I know and like.
I have drunk the green finally. I felt like it was the taste when I first tasted zero for the first time. Similar but different… Known but new…
It is not a fully global label product, so it is another specific Japanese experience for me.
Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment