Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lettuce story



Spring has arrived, the nature is waking up and sharing its products. I really enjoy to go the markets and see how the green grocery products change depending on seasons. It is an advantage, the more products markets have, the cheaper and fresher we can buy.
In Japan essentially, if you are frequently checking the markets, you can see what is in season, what is meant eating these days.

These days are lettuce days. Fresh, crunchy vegetable is in front of the markets and with a reasonable price.
One day at the market, I was busy choosing and buying among many lettuces. I was checking if it is full inside. There were also other costumers around me.
One kind lady had come near me and advised me to check the heavy ones and then check the head to be white as a sign of freshness… She even showed me some examples. And I chose one, showed the lettuce to her and she approved “yes that is good”. I smiled, thanked her, put the lettuce to my cart and continued my shopping with that smile. Even now, when I am writing a have a smile on my face.
That lady was really kind, she helped me, and didn’t care whether I am Japanese or not. She also had a plain easy to understand Japanese, I understood her and felt homelike. When I was shopping, I had a small kind talk with a lady most probably living in the neighborhood. Isn’t it homelike?
That lady is the Good Karma of my day, she is the proof of many more kind Japanese people.
Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment