Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Rainy Season



It is that time of the year again. Rainy season in Japan has started, Tokyo always has rainy season in June. 

It is a summer rain. It is called 梅雨, tsuyu. That rain brings very hot and moist weather to Japan.
It doesn’t rain every day, but I always have a small umbrella in my bag.  When it rains, it rains heavily, you need to wear rain boots or so… Due to summer weather, you also feel the weather very hot when it rains... So water falling from the sky and sweat all over you. A small personal towel is a good investment, otherwise it is very hard to keep the body dry. Cotton fabric is not good for this weather. I changed a lot of my clothes in my wardrobe for that reason. Some light clothes are the best, easy to dry. Because it will become hard to dry the laundry.  But I try not to worry a lot, on trains, shops, almost everywhere there are some air conditioner to calm the heat down.

June is one of the months that not many tourists come to Japan. Foreigners living in Tokyo take vacations abroad during this time and also in the end of August. Those 2 times may be unbearable for some people. Hokkaido, the northern island of Japan, don’t have any rainy season.  Hokkaido is a special place in our hearts.  I wish to visit Hokkaido during rainy season in Tokyo, a getaway place from rainy season. 

I feel like May and June, until the rainy season, is the time for my idea of summer, happily hot. After rainy season it is Japanese summer, hot, moist, and sweaty…  After rainy season every year I start using an app for temperature, moisture calculations, which I am going to write as a separate post.

Rainy season starts which means that Japanese summer is around the corner… 

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment