Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The SALUS



I have found a saver for the long train journeys. It is free. It is provided by Tokyu Corporation, which owns train lines, super markets, hotels, and many more… It is the SALUS.

 The SALUS is available inside train stations so everyone easily grabs and goes. I also do the ritual, grab one and go on my way.
It is a small magazine of 35 pages providing information regarding fashion, travel, and shopping. It just encourages you to go and see those places, to buy those clothes, to eat at those restaurants, and of course all of those are within the perimeter of Tokyu Corporation. The SALUS has many items and full of varieties. It is a small and smart magazine.




 I, as a naïve person, tried to find the SALUS on other lines and failed. Later, I learned that is unique to Tokyu Lines.
 It is released every month on 20th to be precise. It just makes me have new ideas, if I am open to new ideas I can pick out in the SALUS.
Then, I started to check the magazine on the train, I felt like that people were looking at me, a foreigner with the SALUS, whether I understand or not. Because the SALUS is a mainly for the locals... It has the Japanese page design, starting from the back, open to the right, writing is from up to down, it is just a lovely thing. I am glad that I have become a local.

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment