Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Why Tokyo?



The big philosophical question why has not answered yet.
Apparently “why not” is a popular one, as an answer.
Why do I live in Tokyo? Why not, is not my style.
Why do I choose Tokyo? Why not, is not my style.

I always wanted to be good at what I am doing. I understood the importance of hard work at a young age. I see how big the word is, how infinite the knowledge is…
I had searched for myself. Search for the knowledge…

After I have decided that I want to go abroad. Most of the cities look the same because I can grow up and learn there. Most of the cities look the same because wherever I go to study I have to leave my friends and family and home country for a while.

What is crucial is my journey, my time to be spent in a new city, new country…
After I had decided, I had a couple of candidate cities. I and my husband made the list of potential work, study environments, finances….  

Even though I had carefully evaluated, analyzed the list, it was a leap of faith. It was Tokyo for me. Others Tokyo could be Paris, Rome, Montréal, or just leaving home…

That may be my answer to “why Tokyo?” That surprise element, that magic of my life.  

Cheers,
Ece

No comments:

Post a Comment